Monday, February 27, 2012

Classroom Friends

We have been talking a lot about being a good buddy to our classmates.  I love the slogan "Be A Buddy Not A Bully" because the students seem to remember it very easily.  We brainstormed action words that we could do to be a good buddy.  We came up with listen, share, care, take turns, be nice, use kind words, help, say hello, and smile.  

We wrote each word on a heart and placed them around our poster.  The most interesting part of our discussion was when we talked about words that would be the opposite of these words.  For example, the opposite of smile would be frown and the opposite of be nice would be mean.  These opposites could easily describe a bully.  We wanted to keep our poster positive so we just listed buddy words.  This activity was exactly what we needed at this time of year to help us focus on being good buddies to our classmates.



2 comments:

  1. I love this! I can so see how I could use this in my second grade classroom!! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can even use this idea in my third- and fourth-grade classroom!

    ReplyDelete